Do you save your kids’ texts? If you’re like me, and never really gave those little pearls much thought (beyond the exasperated eye rolls provoked by said children’s texts), you might want to consider doing it.
I recently realized that I have a treasure trove of Chloe memories at my fingertips – i.e., my iPhone – just begging to be immortalized on this blog.
As Chloe’s years as a middle school student quickly wind down, I simultaneously want to celebrate and cry. Before I descend into mawkish mama mode (I’ll save that for a future post), however, I’ve taken a deep dive into my phone in order to mark the impending milestone with a “Top Texts from Chloe the Middle Schooler” list.
For those of you who have ever been middle schoolers or have had middle schoolers of your own, this one’s for you.
Top Texts from Chloe the Middle Schooler
(1) The “I forgot my homework” text. At least she thought to say “please.” Also, please note that “again” is the operative word here.
(2) The “I’ll be home in a few” text. I’ve finally come to accept that my teenager doesn’t know the definition of “few.” Or maybe she does. I suppose an hour can be interpreted as a “few” minutes if you’re philosophizing about the time-space continuum, but really?
(3) The “how dare you surprise me and pick me up from school” text.
(6) The “let’s prank Mom while she’s thousands of miles away in Peru” text.
(7) The “get off my back about social media, you’re clueless, Mom” text-yelling text.
(8) The “Mom, you’re such a poser” text. In my defense, the 24-hour clock is not just a French thing. And I am French, even if I wasn’t born that way.
Have you kept treasured texts from your kids? If so, please share!